Upolu Cay is a naturally formed coral cay situated 30 kilometers from Cairns on the Great Barrier Reef and is the perfect location with protected, shallow waters from which to explore the reef snorkeling & scuba diving. Ocean Freedom cruises you to Upolu Cay in less than an hour. The first Great Barrier Reef tour to arrive at Upolu Cay, Ocean Freedom offers you over one hour to explore the Cay and surrounding reef uninterrupted. You may even want to try your first ever scuba dive, or for the certified diver, enjoy being guided by our qualified instructors on some of the best dive sites on the reef (additional cost).
At the second reef site, the amazing "Wonder Wall" on the outer edge of Upolu Reef, view many different types of hard and soft coral in addition to fans, giant clams, turtles, a huge diversity and abundance of reef fish of all sizes, nemos everywhere! Snorkel and dive here . Enjoy an informative adventure drift snorkel tour with our Marine Naturalist.
A full 6 hours of unrushed pleasure on the Reef and Cay on the one and only Great Barrier Reef.
- 6 full hours on the Reef
- 2 Reef destinations: Upolu Cay Reef & Outer Edge Upolu Reef
- Large smorgasbord lunch: smoked salmon and prawns ~ mixed meat platter ~ chicken platter ~ 3 salads ~ assorted breads
- Tea & coffee all day
- Top quality Snorkelling (masks ~ fins ~ snorkel etc)
- Snorkelling Tuition
- Buoyancy snorkel vests
- Adventure Drift Snorkelling Tour with Marine Naturalist
- Reef Talk by Marine Interpreter
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Tender transfers to and from Upolu Cay
- Lycra suits /or wet suits (depending on the season)
- Platter of tropical fruit ~ cheese ~ crackers ~ assorted cake served during day